Our clients retain us for a broad spectrum of real estate-based legal needs, including acquisitions and dispositions; development and construction; commercial leasing and management; a wide variety of real estate financing matters; tax advice, including complex property tax valuation appeals; real esate-related litigation matters, entity structuring; acquisition, development and disposition of oil, gas and other mineral interests, and related energy matters; and resolution of troubled real estate interests, including loan workouts, debt restructuring, foreclosures, and other dispositions of problem assets and debt.
Our experience extends to a wide variety of real estate assets, including retail, office, residential and mixed-use developments; manufacturing, warehouse and industrial facilities; and farm and ranch properties. For example, we are representing a developer in all phases of a public-private joint development of a $230+ million performance venue and entertainment center.
Our clients include:
- Commercial developers
- Financial institutions
- Institutional and private investors
- Real estate service providers
- Commercial retail interests
- Real estate brokers and property managers
- Hotel and leisure concerns
- Developers of natural gas, oil and mineral properties
- Property owners associations
- Property owners and tenants of all types ranging in size from public companies to sole proprietors.
Examples of Our Work—Representation of:
- A $3 billion health care company in all its Texas real estate transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, development and leaseholds.
- A national retail tenant (approximately 2 million square feet in total retail lease space) in leasing, in the acquisitions and sale of corporate properties, and as a real estate legal consultant in litigation and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Numerous shopping centers and mixed use developments--from top-end properties with haute couture retailers to strip centers--we guide them in acquisition, leasing, financing and day-to-day operations.
- A developer of residential subdivisions in acquisition, financing, partnership and homeowners' association matters on numerous projects.
- An urban developer, in negotiating and documenting a purchase contract for a downtown Dallas skyscraper.
- A large U.S. city in its efforts to create a downtown street-level retail district.
- A health care company in the development of a 1.2 million square foot campus. The transaction received Dallas Business Journal's Real Estate Deal of the Year award for 2006.
- A nationally recognized wholesale bank in acquiring and disposing of mortgage loan portfolios.
- A national restaurant chain with numerous leasehold and fee simple transactions.
- A client evaluating and submitting bids to the U.S. government for the development of post office properties.
- An international beverage licensor in various matters relating to the acquisition of unimproved real property and construction of corporate headquarters.
- A national property management and development company in all areas of landlord tenant relations.
- A Fortune 100 casual dining company nationally in all areas of development including finance, acquisition, and ground leasing.
- A major national real estate developer in the purchase of a mezzanine loan from a New York investment bank.
- The lender to a Fortune 100 company in a $457 million first mortgage loan secured by real estate collateral in five states.