Financial services clients have been an important part of our focus since 1980. We represent some of the region's thriving commercial banks, the financial arms of multinational conglomerates, private equity funds, hedge funds, broker/dealers and brokerage firms, consumer finance companies, leasing companies, specialty finance companies (such as structured settlement factoring companies), and investment trusts. Our philosophy and approach in serving them is to be ever mindful of our clients’ ultimate strategic objectives as well as their immediate bottom line needs.
Our work on their behalf includes serving as litigation counsel and all types of transactional representation, including commercial finance, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, and immigration, among others. From negotiating and documenting credit facilities, to workouts, foreclosures, litigation regarding loan defaults, non-compete agreements, and arbitrations (including FINRA arbitrations) we provide a full range of services to this important sector.
Representative Engagements in the Financial Services Industry
- We advised the minority shareholders of a closely held bank through a tender offer and subsequent reverse stock split freeze-out culminating in a multimillion dollar settlement based on a significant increase in the cash-out price per share.
- A financial institution called on us for assistance in the financing of a $24 million purchase of a restaurant chain, including the negotiation of an inter-creditor agreement with the mezzanine lender.
- We represented a financial institution in the financing of a $40 million senior debt for the purchase and renovation of a hotel and the negotiation of an inter-creditor agreement with the mezzanine lender.
- We were engaged by a financial institution in the financing of a $15 million real estate secured transaction.
- A financial institution called on us to represent them in a $15 million credit facility including an Export-Import Bank facility.
- We represent, on an ongoing basis, national and regional financial institutions in mortgage credit facility restructurings.
- We represented a major financial institution in the acquisition of subordinated debt from a New York investment bank.
- We counsel a nationally recognized wholesale bank in acquisitions and dispositions of mortgage loan portfolios.
- We continue to represent an international private equity fund in the acquisition of mortgage loan portfolios.
- We represented a major financial institution in a $100 million mortgage syndicate as agent to a Fortune 500 Company.
- We were engaged by a major financial institution on a $45 million mezzanine loan for senior debt secured by multiple office properties.
- A management group called on us to represent them in various recapitalizations and sales of a finance company involving several national and international banks.
- We are representing a multinational bank subsidiary in purchasing and servicing automobile loan portfolios.