A principal focus at Bell Nunnally is our mergers and acquisitions practice. Our transactional lawyers have substantial skill and experience in facilitating the structuring, financing and successful completion of acquisitions, divestitures, investments, mergers, joint ventures/strategic alliances, and recapitalizations.
Bell Nunnally’s mergers and acquisitions engagements encompass virtually all sizes and industries. Our clients include both domestic and foreign publicly traded companies, privately held and venture-backed companies, partnerships, private equity firms and other investment funds, management groups, and entrepreneurs.
We represent both sellers and buyers in M&A transactions and use our tax, employment, banking, ERISA, environmental, immigration, real estate, intellectual property, and other attorneys to complement our core transactional experience in structuring, negotiating, and closing transactions for our clients. Bell Nunnally transactions are staffed to ensure efficient and effective representation of our clients.
- Represented a management group in various recapitalizations and sales of a finance company involving several national and international banks. One transaction involved $175 million in earn out (one of the top five earn-out deals in 2006, according to the Wall Street Journal).
- Advised an international HVAC company in the divestiture of an $80 million division, a $200 million stock sale, a $270 million senior debt term and revolving loan facility and a $250 million subordinated debenture redemption.
- Served as legal counsel to the sellers in a $45 million sale of scrap business (ferrous and non-ferrous metal, waste paper, glass and other recyclable products) to a German strategic purchaser.
- Engaged by the sellers in connection with the sale of a gas pipeline to a private equity group for $50 million.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of the world’s leading air filtration business, in a transaction valued in excess of $250 million.
- Advised the purchaser in a stock acquisition of a leading company in the design, construction and rental of complex lighting structures, in a transaction valued in excess of $25 million.
- Served as legal counsel to a computer software company in the acquisition of complementary software companies and two subsequent sales of business to public software companies.
- Represented the purchaser in a leveraged buyout of a company engaged in providing document and data imaging, capture and conversion services and information protection, storage and retrieval services, principally to financial institutions, in a transaction valued in excess of $35 million. Also represented client in financing of the transaction through the private placement of equity to venture capital firms, the establishment of senior term loan and revolving credit facilities and the sale of subordinated debentures.
- Advised a national alternative newspaper company in its acquisition of newspapers in the South and the Midwest.
- Engaged by a clothing manufacturer in connection with the acquisition of several well-known labels for $20 million. Engagement included representation of client in consummation of equity private placement and a $35 million senior term loan and revolving credit facility.
- Retained by a telephone service business in a roll-up of related businesses.
- Advised a $3 billion health care company in all Texas real estate transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, development and leaseholds.
- Served as legal counsel to a U.S. and U.K. chemical company in a $30 million sale to a $2 billion U.K. chemical company.
- Represented a luggage manufacturing and distribution company in a $40 million sale to a private equity fund.
- Engaged by a manufacturer of products for an aircraft industry company in a $40 million sale to a private equity fund.
- Consulted a door and entryway manufacturing company in a $20 million sale to strategic buyer.
- Provided legal services to a U.S. oilfield construction services company in a $22 million sale to private equity company.
- Retained by an artificial lift service company in a $37 million sale to a private equity company.
- Engaged by a healthcare company in the development of a 1.2 million square foot campus. The transaction received the Dallas Business Journal’s Real Estate Deal of the Year award for 2006.
- Represented a management group in various recapitalizations and sales of a finance company involving several national and international banks.
- Served as legal counsel to a privately held communications company in a merger with a publicly traded purchaser.
- Represented a privately held manufacturing company in a stock sale, followed by redemption of subordinated debentures and refinancing of bank facility.
- Represented a telecommunications holding company in a recapitalization involving retirement of existing equity, subscription for new equity and refinancing of debt facilities.
- Engaged by a multinational bank subsidiary in connection with the acquisition and servicing of automobile loan portfolios.
- Represented a private equity portfolio company in the acquisition of a charitable consulting services business.