Ray Balestri has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, private equity and venture capital investments, complex software development and enterprise license agreements, and general corporate counseling. His practice regularly involves negotiating and drafting a wide variety of commercial arrangements, including partnership and LLC agreements, service, supply, vendor, and customer contracts, employment-related agreements, and compensation plans.
- Represented an enterprise software company in its $250 million sale to a Fortune 100 company.
- Represented an employee assessment company in its $200 million sale to a public company.
- Represented an enterprise software company in its take-private acquisition of a $125 million public company.
- Represented a furniture manufacturer in its $90 million recapitalization by a private equity group.
- Advised an entertainment company in the negotiation of its $90 million senior credit facility.
- Represented a health assessment company in its $70 million sale to a public company.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in its $65 million sale to a large private equity group.
- Represented a business processing outsourcing company in its $40 million acquisition of a Canadian company.
- Represented an energy company from its start-up to $1 billion in annual revenue.
- Engaged by numerous start-up companies in seed and venture financings.
- From 2000 to 2003, Ray was the CFO and General Counsel of an enterprise software company, which raised $33 million in strategic and venture capital
- Since 2000, Ray has served as an Adjunct Professor, teaching Law of Financial Transactions for Entrepreneurs in the M.B.A. program at the Edwin L. Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University
- AV® Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell
Activities & Memberships
- National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship, Charter Member of the Board of Directors
- Dallas Museum of Art, Former Member of the Board of Trustees; Co-Chair of the Junior Associates Group
- American Red Cross, Dallas Chapter, 2000 Co-Chair of the Dallas Mardi Gras Charity Gala