Saba Syed practices in the firm’s Litigation and Appellate section. Saba is a determined and driven attorney who excels in the courtroom and defends courtroom victories on appeal. Saba has represented clients in civil litigation matters across multiple industries, including real estate investment trusts, self-storage retailers, construction suppliers, construction subcontractors, interior construction designers, commercial landlords, and event industry planners.
Saba’s representative matters include:
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of commercial landlord real estate investment trust in acceleration of lease case, defended summary judgment on appeal with the Texas Court of Appeals
- Obtaining summary judgment at oral argument in favor of national hair restoration company, resulting in complete dismissal of Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims
- Obtaining turnover order and defended the turnover order at oral argument appeal
- Successfully representing publicly-traded real estate investment trust in bad faith security deposit retention claim, resulting in full dismissal of lawsuit
- Obtaining favorable settlement for vehicle supplier involving Texas Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act, after obtaining several favorable rulings at pre-trial oral argument hearings
- Securing favorable settlement in contentious will contest dispute
- Representing employers in various industries, including interior construction design and commercial retailers, in employment discrimination matters under Title VII and the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act
- Serving as lead counsel for dozens of garnishments across Texas, and successfully defended garnishments at oral argument in motions to dissolve writ of garnishment hearings.
- J.D., cum laude, Baylor Law School, 2013
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Texas at Austin, 2009