Partners Alana Ackels and Ben Riemer are presenting "Labor and Employment Conversations" for The Independent Insurance Agents of Dallas.
Thursday, January 28, 2021
Join us to hear labor and employment lawyer, Alana Ackels, and commercial litigator, Ben Riemer, discuss the 2021 legal landscape for employers in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. They will provide answers to some of the most critical questions facing business owners trying to navigate the continued uncertainty caused by the pandemic and will also discuss the latest on Texas non-compete laws.
Questions they will address include:
- Can employers require employees to get the COVID vaccine?
- Do employers have to continue to allow employees to work remotely even if the workplace has re-opened?
- What should employers do if an employee refuses to return to work because they are afraid of getting sick?
- What are best practices to minimize risks associated with COVID-related litigation?
- Should employers have people sign a “COVID waiver?”
- Can employers ask employees or job applicants if they have or have had COVID-19?
- New year best practices for enforcing Texas non-competes.
For more information and to register, please click here