Bell Nunnally’s Workplace Culture and Misconduct Investigations practice has a dual focus: 1) identifying compliance gaps and emerging concerns; and 2) expediently – but judiciously – investigating and providing counsel aimed at strengthening internal controls. That focus is derived from our attorneys practicing in labor and employment and white collar defense. This offers a blend of perspectives and experience that assists clients across a host of areas including:
- Workplace Audits: Conducting workplace audits, helping uncover unmet legal requirements;
- Staff Training & Compliance: Ensuring that companies and employees alike are aware of the latest developments in the law, as well as workplace behavior requirements and expectations;
- Systems Evaluation: Evaluating the efficacy of current systems, such as dedicated “hotlines” and complaint procedures;
- Internal Investigations: Reviewing internal practices and procedures ranging from hiring and firing and allegations of misconduct at an individual and company level;
- Contract Review: Reviewing relevant contract language for senior executives and insurance coverage for outside board members; and
- Communication Protocols: Confirming that appropriate communications protocols for reporting workplace issues are in place, and that all employees are briefed on how to take advantage of these resources.
When allegations of workplace misconduct arise – sexual harassment, bullying, embezzlement, self-dealing or otherwise – our attorneys are ready to conduct thorough internal investigations and provide needed support to operations, especially human resources professionals. Bringing an “outside perspective” to an internal matter can help clients more clearly understand what remedies are needed, how to handle internal and external communications and how to best ensure liabilities are minimized.