Partners Jay M. Wallace and Katie Beaird presented “What You Need To Know: Employment Law Trends in 2023″ for the Mid-Tex Human Resource Management Association.
Thursday, February 16, 2023
The presentation covered the following current employment trends happening at the federal and state level and what companies should do to reduce the risks.
- Texas courts requiring payment of commissions and bonuses to employees even after termination.
- The EEOC’s recent focus on how pregnancy, disability and gender role issues intersect.
- The Department of Labor’s increase of audits on wage and hour issues and the risk of liquidated damages rising.
- Use of marijuana may qualify for disability protections in the workplace.
- Rising expectations of contemporaneous documentation of employee behavior in a wrongful termination case.