Navigating the hundreds of state and federal laws that govern the employee-employer relationship can be fraught with peril. No business should do it alone. With deep experience in numerous industries that have their own unique challenges, the Bell Nunnally employment team helps guide clients through this complex landscape.
From issues of executive mobility to employment policies and claims of misconduct, our experienced attorneys assist business owners in managing the day-to-day maze of laws governing the workplace. Recognizing that employment problems can, and frequently do, turn into lawsuits, our employment lawyers also bring considerable courtroom prowess as zealous advocates protecting clients’ interests.
Whether providing advice on a sticky personnel matter, setting up a company’s policies and procedures handbook or defending a collective-action overtime wage lawsuit with hundreds of claimants, our deep experience in state and federal employment matters help clients to mitigate the risk associated with their most important company asset – their people.
Our work includes providing advice and counsel, developing policies and procedures, ongoing compliance and litigation involving:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Section 1981
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Texas Commission on Human Rights Act
- Texas Labor Code and other federal and state laws
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- Equal Pay Act
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Texas Payday Act