Although Texas is not traditionally a hotbed for union organization and representation, our team provides a broad range of services to assist employers dealing with unionized workforces, union organizational efforts and labor disputes.
Bell Nunnally attorneys have experience representing management in traditional labor law and employee relations, including:
- Assisting employers faced with union organizational efforts
- Defense of charges alleging unfair labor practices under the National Labor Relations Act
- Filing of ULPs against unions and their agents for violations of section 8(b) of the National Labor Relations Act Responding to OSHA Citations
- Defense of non-union claims of concerted activity and retaliatory discharge
- Defense of enforcement actions before the NLRB
- Appeals of adverse ALJ determinations
- Review of employee handbook provisions affecting concerted activity
- Drafting of enforceable anti-solicitation and distribution policies
- Prosecution of actions for injunctive relief and damages against rogue union activity
- Prosecution of defamation claims based on false statements made during union organization efforts
- Negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
- Union decertification efforts
We have developed strategies and policies that work to foster employee satisfaction and develop work environments where unions are not attractive. Our number one goal as a trusted business advisor is to work to prevent labor disputes.