Bell Nunnally has assembled a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team of attorneys with extensive experience in closing complex loans in commercial, asset-based and real estate transactions. Firm attorneys regularly assist clients with deals reaching into the hundreds of millions of dollars, applying conventional as well as creative solutions for raising capital, structuring loans, extending credit, and negotiating deal terms on behalf of both borrowers and lenders.
We regularly represent borrowers, including insurers, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 companies, and others. Our philosophy and approach rests on being client driven—ever mindful of our clients’ ultimate strategic objectives, as well as their immediate bottom-line needs.
Guiding clients every step of the way in these often-complex transactions, we help clients in areas including:
- Accounts receivable, inventory and equipment-secured loan transactions
- Cash flow financings
- Senior and subordinated debt financings
- Securities as collateral
- Acquisitions, dispositions and construction financing
- Participating and convertible loans
- Equity agreements
- Intercreditor agreements, loan syndications, participations and subordinations
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac financing, including Delegated Underwriting and Servicing (DUS®) lending
- Secured and unsecured lines and letters of credit
- Mezzanine and subordinate tranche financing
- Sale and purchase of loan portfolios, including distressed portfolios
- Lender liability claims
Working with attorneys in our Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring groups and often creating a cross-functional team that engages the expertise of attorneys in our tax, litigation and other adjacent disciplines, we advise clients on workouts, creditors’ rights, reorganization and asset liquidation. For debtors, we help clients navigate the complex options to dissolve entities, reduce or consolidate debt, or structure workouts. For creditors, including institutional and private-equity lenders, the team structures loans and investment deals and helps clients with collection efforts, including through litigation and post-judgment asset recovery. In addition, the team defends creditors in counterclaim actions.