At Bell Nunnally, we have developed a multi-disciplinary team of attorneys with extensive experience in closing complex loans in commercial, asset-based, and real estate transactions. Clients, whether borrowers or lenders, rely on us for effective representation in structuring, negotiating, and documenting financing transactions of all types. We guide them every step of the way in these transactions including accounts receivable, inventory, and equipment-secured loan transactions; cash flow financings; senior and subordinated debt financings; securities as collateral; acquisitions, dispositions, and construction financing; participating and convertible loans; equity agreements; and intercreditor agreements, loan syndications, participations, and subordinations. We represent clients in DUS lending, and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac financing. We help them establish or offer secured and unsecured lines and letters of credit, and mezzanine and subordinate tranche financing. Clients have called on us for representation in the sale and purchase of loan portfolios, including distressed portfolios, and to defend them in lender liability claims.
Working with attorneys in our creditors’ rights and bankruptcy and financial restructuring groups, we advise clients on workouts, creditors’ rights, and bankruptcy. We also collaborate with attorneys in our real estate, tax, and corporate and business areas to provide clients with seamless solutions, whatever their needs.
Our financial institution and borrower clients include real estate investment trusts, development companies, commercial banks, and other financial institutions, insurers, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 companies, and leasing companies. Our philosophy and approach in serving them is to be Client Driven®—ever mindful of our clients’ ultimate strategic objectives as well as their immediate bottom line needs.
- A financial institution called on us for assistance in the financing of a $24 million purchase of a restaurant chain, including the negotiation of an inter-creditor agreement with the mezzanine lender.
- We represented a financial institution in the financing of a $40 million senior debt for the purchase and renovation of a hotel and the negotiation of an inter-creditor agreement with the mezzanine lender.
- We were engaged by a financial institution in the financing of a $15 million real estate secured transaction.
- A financial institution called on us to represent them in a $15 million credit facility including an Export-Import Bank facility.
- We represent, on an ongoing basis, national and regional financial institutions in mortgage credit facility restructurings.
- We represented a major financial institution in the acquisition of subordinated debt from a New York investment bank.
- We were engaged by a life insurance lender in a $457 million senior mortgage loan facility to a Fortune 100 Company with collateral located in five states.
- We represent a nationally recognized wholesale bank in acquisitions and dispositions of mortgage loan portfolios.
- We continue to advise an international private equity fund in the acquisition of mortgage loan portfolio.
- We represented a major financial institution in a $100 million mortgage syndicate as agent to a Fortune 500 Company.
- We were engaged by a major financial institution on a $45 million mezzanine loan for senior debt secured by multiple office properties.
- We are representing a telecommunications holding company in a recapitalization involving retirement of existing equity, subscription for new equity, and refinancing of debt facilities
- We are representing a management group in various recapitalizations and sales of a finance company involving several national and international banks.
- We are representing a privately held manufacturing company in a stock sale, followed by redemption of subordinated debentures and refinancing of bank facility.
- We are representing a multinational bank subsidiary in purchasing and servicing automobile loan portfolios.
- We represented the purchaser in a leveraged buyout of a company engaged in providing document and data imaging, capture and conversion services and information protection, storage and retrieval services, principally to financing institutions, in a transaction valued in excess of $35 million; we handled the arrangement of the financing thereof through the private placement of equity and venture capital firms, the establishment of senior term debt, and revolving loan facilities and the sale of subordinated debentures.
- We were engaged by the sellers in a $50 million sale of a pipeline to a private equity group.
- We advised an international HVAC company in the divestiture of an $80 million division, a $200 million stock sale, a $270 million senior debt term and revolving loan facility, and a $250 million subordinated debenture redemption.
- We were engaged by a clothing manufacturer with respect to a $20 million asset acquisition of several well-known labels, with a $10 million private placement and with a $35 million senior debt term and revolving loan facility.
- We were engaged by a group of television stations in a recapitalization consisting of a $25 million private placement and a $100 million term and revolving credit facility and a subsequent $200 million sale to a major group television broadcaster.
- We represented a luggage manufacturing and distribution company in a $40 million sale to a private equity fund.
- We were engaged by a manufacturer of products for an aircraft industry company in a $40 million sale to a private equity fund.
- We provided legal services to a U.S. oilfield construction services company in a $22 million sale to private equity company.
- We were retained by an artificial lift service company in a $37 million sale to a private equity company.